21 Day Meal Prep Program
Recipe 1: Zucchini Lasagna Boats
- 1 egg
- 1 ¼ cup Pasta Sauce (Ragu’s “Momma’s Special Garden Sauce” is my fav!)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 pack of hot Italian sausage
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 4 zucchinis
- Cut ends off and cut each zucchini in half. Scrap out the center of each zucchini with a spoon. You should have 8 boats.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Start browning meat
- While meat is browning and water is heating combine: egg, cottage cheese and sauce together
- Once meat is cooked through mix with the sauce mixture
- Boil zucchini boats for 1 ½ minutes
- Drain water, spray pyrex with olive oil spray (or Pam) and place boats side by side
- Spoon meat sauce mixture into the boats
- Layer with cheese
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown
Recipe 2: Chiptole Salad w/ Grilled Chicken
- 6-8 cups of romaine lettuce (you’re welcome to add some spinach for more nutrients)
- Black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 ounces Mild white cheddar cheese
Chipotle brown rice:
- 1 cup brown rice
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Fresh Corn Salsa:
- 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced small
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
Chipotle Chicken marinade:
- 3 ounces chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (I just use the adobo sauce)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1/4 cup oil (olive)
- 5-6 chicken breasts
Honey-Chipotle salad dressing:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 ½ cups olive oil
- Poke chicken breasts with a fork and pierce all over. Add chicken to the marinade and toss in zip-lock for 3-12 hours.
- Remove chicken from the marinade.
- Grill Chicken
- Cut into bite size pieces
- Cut lettuce (duh!)
- Cook rice as instructed on back with cilantro mixed in with the hard rice.
- Once rice is cooked, top with juice from ½ a lime.
- Shred cheese
Fresh Corn Salsa:
- Combine all ingredients together. IF possible, store in an air tight container and place in refrigerator for up to 2 hours before serving.
Honey-Chipotle salad dressing
- Combine first six ingredients in a blender. Pulse to combine. With blender running, slowly stream in olive oil. Serve over any salad for a tangy and sweet take on your usual salad.
How to eat:
- Fill bowl with lettuce
Recipe 3: Gluten Free Crockpot Beef Stew
This is a recipe from my fellow IHT teammate Paige Hilken. She is amazing!!
- 2 lbs. boneless chuck or rump roast
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion
- 1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 2 Cups Baby Carrots
- 1 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1 ½ Cups Beef Stock (gluten free)
- ¼ Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill. I get it from Publix)
- Salt, Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Chop your beef into 1″-2″ cubes, season with salt and pepper and coat in flour
- Brown the meat for about 2 minutes in a hot pan that has been drizzled with oil, transfer to the crockpot
- Chop and sauté the onions for 2-3 minutes, add in the minced garlic and carrots, transfer to the crockpot
- Peel and chop the potatoes into 1-2″ cubes and transfer to the crockpot
- Pour 1 ½ cups of beef stock over everything in the crockpot and mix together
- Cook on high for 6-7 hours or on low for 10 hours
- Towards the end of cooking, add in your peas so they stay nice and crisp
- Serve and season with salt and pepper to taste
* Don’t be afraid of the Gluten Free flour!
Recipe 4: Chicken Enchiladas
- 4-5 Chicken Breast (boil with celery, carrots, onion, salt/pepper)
- 16 oz. cream cheese (grass fed is best)
- 2 Small cans diced green chilies
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 2 Cups grated cheddar cheese or (Mexican mix)
- 12 Low carb tortilla shells
- 1 Cup Chicken broth (from the chicken you cooked)
** You can cook chicken in crockpot over a longer period of time (4-6 hrs) if needed.
- Cook Chicken until. Save broth.
- Shred the chicken pieces. Mix together with cream cheese, 1/3 cup broth and 1 can of the chilies until smooth.
- Fill tortillas and put into grease 9X13 pan.
- Mix enchilada sauce, ½ cup broth and 1 can chilies. Pour over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Cover with foil. Bake at 350* for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 20 minutes.
*You can cook chicken the day before if that is helpful…keeping the broth of course.
* Pico de Gallo is a great addition to this dish!
Recipe 5: Blackened Fish Tacos
- 1 lb flaky white fish filets (I use mahi-mahi or tilapia)
- 3 tbsp Butter, melted
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasonings
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 8 Low carb tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
For the mango salsa:
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- 5 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp kosher salt
For the chipotle aioli:
- ¼ cup good mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp chopped chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Combine ingredients in large bowl and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for an hour.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times until ingredients are well combined. Place in a small serving dish and set aside.
- Brush fish filets with melted butter. Sprinkle fish generously with seasoning. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add fish and cook, without moving, for 3 minutes. Flip filets, and cook for an additional 3 minutes, until fish is cooked through. Remove from heat, flake the meat with a fork, and set aside.
How to eat:
- Warm low carb tortilla shells.
- Spoon fish into tortillas, followed by the chipotle sauce, the mango salsa, and the shredded cabbage.
- Serve immediately.
*Avocado would be a nice touch if you have one!
** If you need a side, serve with brown rice (Mexican rice is so yummy but is a NO BUENO!)
What you need:
· 1 egg
· 1 ¼ cup Pasta Sauce (Ragu’s “Momma’s Special Garden Sauce” is my fav!)
· 1 cup cottage cheese
· 1 pack of hot Italian sausage
· 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
· 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
· 4 zucchinis
· Romaine lettuce
· Black beans
· Cheese: Monterey Jack & Cheddar
· 3 Limes
· Brown Rice
· 2 bunches of cilantro
· Frozen Corn
· Jalapeno Pepper
· 2 Red Onions
· Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
· ***Adobo Sauce from peppers
· 8-10 Chicken Breast
· Red Wine Vinegar
· 2 lbs. boneless chuck or rump roast
· 2 Large Russet Potatoes
· 2 Cups Baby Carrots
· 1 Cup Frozen Peas
· 1 ½ Cups Beef Stock (gluten free)
· ¼ Cup Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
· 16 oz. cream cheese (grass fed is best)
· 2 Small cans diced green chilies
· 1 can enchilada sauce
· 2 packs of Low carb tortilla shells
· 4 fish fillets (your choice)
· Cajun Seasonng
· Shredded cabbage
· 1 Mango
· Plain Greek Yogurt
What you probably already have:
· Garlic Cloves
· Olive oil
· Minced Garlic