I recently had a family baby shower and my mom made a dish that was to DIE for! I just HAD to share this recipe with y’all because I am still thinking about it! This dish is going to be my go to for here on out!
- 1 lb fresh baby spinach
- 1 lb. whole wheat bowtie noodles
- 2-3 chicken breasts (or 2 cups rotisserie chicken) **This is optional**
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 2 Tbsp chopped sweet or red onion
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- Prepare the dressing by combining all of the ingredients.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain water and add noodles to a large bowl. Toss the cooked noodles in about half of the teriyaki sauce and refrigerate until cooled.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Grill chicken until cooked through. Use two forks to shred the chicken. (rotisserie chicken works well too!) **Remember this is optional, but is a great way to increase your protein intake.
- Combine rest of ingredients in a large bowl. Add the pasta to the bowl and toss to combine. Add additional dressing, to taste.
I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I did. It was definitely a hit at the shower, and I think it would be the perfect dish at any Easter dinner!