21-Day Meal Prep Program
Recipe 1: Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- 3-4 Boneless chicken breasts
- 24 oz. salsa (Your choice. I like TJ’s)
- Low carb, whole wheat tortilla shells. (Your choice. I like TJ’s because they are high in fiber, low in fat, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. YAY!!)
- Head of lettuce
- Place chicken in crockpot and cover with salsa.
- Turn crockpot on low setting and cook for 5-6 hours.
- With hand mixer, shred chicken. (Or pull with forks)
- Place chicken on tortilla shell.
- Top with shredded lettuce, cheese, avocado slices.
*Pico de Gallo is a nice touch with this meal that my husband loves on the tacos!
Dice up 3/4 onion, 1 cup of cilantro leaves and 5 tomatoes. Salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste.
Recipes 2: White Chili
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 15oz cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can chicken broth
- 2 cans green chilies
- 1 t salt
- 1 t cumin
- 1 t oregano
- ¼ t cayenne pepper (optional, if you and/or kids are sensitive to spice)
- Plain greek yogurt
- Skim Milk
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces and sauté with onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients.
- Simmer this mixture for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add: 1 C plain greek yogurt and ½ C of skim milk.
* For a bit more spice, I like to add some Frank’s RedHot Sauce to my individual serving.
** Hot sauce speeds up your metabolism!!
*** This can be served alone as a soup OR on top of brown rice…considering carb intake that day.
Recipe 3: Mexican Style Stuffed Peppers
- ½ – 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cups canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cups frozen corn
- 1 hot pickled serrano pepper (I usually use a jalapeño)
- 1 Large diced tomato
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped onion
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt to taste
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise (any color works)
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium, fat free chicken broth
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large skillet brown the turkey and season with salt.
- When the turkey is browned, add onion, garlic, black beans, cilantro, Serrano/jalapeno pepper, diced tomatoes, corn and cumin.
- Mix well and simmer on low, covered for 20 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise, removing seeds and stem.
- Place peppers, cut side up in an oven-proof dish. Fill each pepper with turkey mixture.
- Pour about 1/3 cup chicken broth OR water on the bottom of the dish. Cover tight with foil. Bake 45-50 minutes, or until the peppers become soft.
- Remove foil, top each with 1 1/2 tbsp of cheese and bake uncovered an additional 5 minutes.
* I usually add my cheese prior to adding foil. It saves me a step later!
Recipe 4: Seared Mahi Mahi
- 4 mahi mahi filets
- 2 tbls Olive Oil
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried dill weed
- Lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoons butter, divided use
- 1/2 cup sweet white wine (may substitute with chicken broth)
- Juice of half a lemon (reserve other half for garnish)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard
- Rub each filet with olive oil, and then sprinkle both sides of the fish lightly with seasonings listed above.
- Place a large, heavy, skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of the organic butter, swirling to combine and coat the pan.
- Sear filets until golden brown on ONE Remove to a platter.
- Add wine, lemon juice, and honey mustard to the hot skillet.
- Whisk, scraping up any browned bits, and cook until liquid is slightly reduced and thickened.
- Whisk in remaining ½ tablespoon of butter.
- Return fish to the skillet, uncooked side down.
- Cook 5-8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Garnish or squeeze remaining lemon juice on top of fillets.
*Serve with a spinach salad and a veggie of your choice. With this meal, I like roasted asparagus!
Recipe 5: Kickin’ Chicken Marinade
- 5-6 Chicken breast
- 1 Cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce (if sensitive to spice, cut to 2/3C)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Lime Juice (fresh is best, but bottle will work)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced (you can use garlic powder)
- 1 Lime
- Mix the Frank’s, olive oil, lime juice and garlic together.
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag and pour marinade over top, making sure the chicken is immersed in the marinade.
- Marinade for 5 hours in the fridge.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill.
- Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top!
*Serve with green/spinach salad and your choice of roasted veggies. I think broccoli would be my choice!
What you need: What you might already have:
| o 16 chicken breast (roughly)
o Tortilla shells (check recipe for details)
o Cheddar cheese
o Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
o Avocado (optional)
o 2 15oz Great Northern Beans
o 2 Cans Green chilies
o Lean Ground turkey
o 1 large tomato
o Black beans
o Frozen corn
o 1 Serrano or Jalapeño pepper
o 3 bell peppers
o 4 Mahi Mahi filets (tilapia will work)
o 1 Lemon
o Frank’s RedHot Sauce
0 Chicken Broth
o 1 Lime
o Spinach/romaine (salad ingredients)
o Fresh veggies for 2 meals
0 Plain Greek yogurt
o Olive Oil
o Garlic Powder
o Chicken Broth
o Cayenne Pepper (optional)
o Dried basil
o Onion powder
o Dried dill weed
o White wine (or chicken broth)
o Lime Juice
0 Skim Milk