21 Day Meal Prep Program
Recipe 1: Grilled Chicken Spaghetti W/ Grape Tomatoes
- 4 skinless chicken breast
- 1 ¼ tsp each of dried oregano
- 1 ¼ tsp dried basil
- 1 ½ garlic powder
- salt and fresh pepper
- Spaghetti squash OR 14 oz. spaghetti noodles (high fiber, low carb, all natural)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and basil. Grill chicken until done! Slice chicken in strips.
- Cook pasta according to the package directions. Reserve about ½ cup pasta water before draining.
- While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on high heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn).
- Add tomatoes to the garlic.
- Salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 3-4 minutes.
- When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well.
*Pair a spinach salad with this meal!
Recipe 2: Honey Mustard Baked Chicken
- ½ cup of mustard
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup honey
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ of a small onion, diced (yellow)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lbs boneless skinless chicken tenderloins OR 4 chicken breast cut in strips.
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- In a small bowl, combine the mustards, honey and 1 teaspoons of the olive oil.
- In a sauté pan add 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- Sauté onion over medium heat until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional 1 – 2 minutes.
- Place the chicken tenderloins or chicken strips on top of the onion and garlic mixture, or if the pan you cooked the onion and garlic in is not oven safe, transfer the onion and garlic to an oven safe dish and add the chicken to it.
- Salt and pepper the tops of the chicken.
- Pour the honey mustard mixture on top of the chicken.
- Place rosemary around the chicken.
- Bake the chicken covered at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cover, paste mustard sauce over chicken, and continue to cook for an additional 20 minutes uncovered, or until the chicken is browned on top and cooked through.
*I like to pair roasted veggies and a spinach salad with this chicken.
Recipe 3: Crock Pot Balsamic Pork Roast
- 2 pound boneless pork shoulder roast (sirloin roast)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Season the pork with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes and place it into the slow cooker.
- Mix together the broth and vinegar and pour it over the pork, then pour the honey over and set the timer for 4 hours on High or 6-8 hours on Low.
- Once the pork is cooked and tender (it should shred easily with a fork), remove from slow cooker with tongs into a serving dish.
- Break apart lightly with two forks and put back into the slow cooker in the sauce, keeping warm until ready to eat.
*I like to pair fresh, sautéed, garlic green beans with this meal with a whole-wheat dinner roll. YUM!
Recipe 4: Parmesan Broiled Tilapia
- 4-6 Tilapia fillets
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup Chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Season fillets with salt and pepper
- Mix Panko, parmesan parsley and garlic
- Coat fillet with mixture
- Layer in Pyrex baking dish
- Drizzle the tops with olive oil
- Bake for 15 minutes until fish is flaky and breadcrumbs are browned.
*Serve with favorite green veggie and ½ of a sweet potato!
Recipe 5: Island Chicken
- 4 Chicken Breast
- ½ C Olive oil
- 4 teas. Lemon Juice
- 2 teas. Soy Sauce
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- ½ teas. Oregano
- ¼ teas. Salt
- 1/8 teas. Pepper
- Combine ALL the ingredients in a heavy zip-lock bag.
- Marinate 2-3 DAYS, flipping every night.
- Grill and until perfection!
*Make sure to prepare this marinade a few days prior to eating.
**The longer it sits in the marinade the stronger taste it will have. SO good!
***Pair with a spinach salad and your favorite veggie. (Roasted okra is my favorite!)
What you need: What you probably already have:
* Optional ingredients that only enhance flavor.